Friday, February 10, 2012
superbowl 46.
We had debated on going down to Indy for all the festivities & ultimately decided it was probably a once in a lifetime thing to visit the city where the superbowl was hosted. We only live about an hour from Indy & if we didn't go, we thought we may regret it. So on the Saturday before the superbowl we headed downtown. It was raining but not too cold. There were tons of people. & neither of us were too impressed with the whole shebang. The Superbowl Village was... nothing. I pictured it to be more of like a festival with different booths set up for food/drink/stupid souvenirs to buy. None of that. There was actually nothing. There were several stages set up where groups had been playing all week but there were only three small bands playing the day we were there. There was one beer tent we popped in to get out of the rain & get a Bud Light. We thought alcohol onboard would help us enjoy it more. It didn't. I did think the zipline sounded kind of fun but heard early on the wait was 3-4 hours so that was not gonna happen for us. Parking even sold out early on.
As for the NFL Experience... what a joke. There were all kinds of games for kids to play. Throwing footballs, kicking footballs, etc. The lines were wrapped all the way around each game. I imagine at least an hour wait for each game. They had all the superbowl rings set up & the trophy so it was kind of cool to see that. It cost $25 to get inside & was completely wasted.
We went into the Circle Center Mall to use the restrooms & they had security at the doors so the lines moved smoothly. We ate at BW3's downtown & it was packed (they told us an hour wait) but luckily there was a table open at the bar so we walked right in.
We were only there for a couple of hours but that was plenty of time. I hate people & crowds anyway so I was really over it by the time we left. I don't know how they could have done it differently, except to use ticket sales & limit the number of people allowed per day.
It also may have helped to appreciate it more if I cared about either team playing. Still can't believe the Packers lost to the Giants. But I did see that Aaron was in town on superbowl Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Crazy! You are the first person I heard anything negative from in regards to the super bowl festivities! I had heard they were one of the best host cities in years, heard the NFL Experience was awesome, etc etc! Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time though!!
Post a Comment