Monday, July 23, 2012

50.

Today I wanted to do a layout for just me. I have so many papers & embellishments I want to dig into but I've been kind of limited lately with my design team work. So I found this sketch: 
via
 & I also tried to incorporate the color inspiration from this challenge to use brown, coral, and sage. Here's what I came up with:
The papers are Ocotber Afternoon and Kaiser Craft. Also used some Thickers, Sass flowers, SEI & Jenni Bowlin rub ons, Glitz cardstock stickers (for the journaling, which I messed up, so I had to re-write it on plain paper and adhere over it), and some self adhesive ribbon trim pieces from here.

This photo was taken before our night out (me, my brother, my boyfriend, mom's boyfriend) in Indy with my mom for her 50th birthday! (April 26)  We had dinner at PF Chang's - no one else had ever eaten there but everyone loved it. Thank goodness. Then we went to Howl at the Moon for drinks. I think it was like $10 to get in, so we didn't want to leave. We had a good time there & my brother's ex was a server so she brought us some drinks/shots. it was a good time! can't believe my mama is 50!!
 

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Great layout! Your paper choice is fantastic.
Cheers!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh wonderful layout and love the paper choices!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Good for you to make time to create a just for you project. This is such a wonderful LO to showcase this fab photo and you rocked this color combo!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

angie gutshall said...

Love your layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Citrus Twist!

Sandy Ang said...

lovely take on the Citrus Twist sketch. Congrats on winning !