I really wanted to use the newly released stamp set, "It's all fall puns"which you can view here. & I also wanted to work some more with my August Citrus Twist kit.
I reallyreallyreally loved the summer stamp set & I am really loving this fall set. Even though I'm not a huge fan of fall (because next comes winter & that's the worst!), I think this stamp set will get a lot of use. We're also featuring the Cri kits gel pens with this blog hop. They're so much fun to work with! You can see a layout I did using the pens here.
Anyway. We all know how addictive Pinterest is & how we often pin more than we do. Well, I found a cute fall project & decided it would be my Pinterest Project. Here was my inspiration piece.
I got this at TJ's mom's family reunion that we attended on my birthday. Yeah, pretend like that won't be held over his head for therestofhislife. They do an auction to raise money for cemetery/gravestone maintenance and/or if families are struggling throughout the year, they will take money from the fund to help them out. So this auction - everyone brings an item wrapped. Some were nice, some homemade, some re-gifted items, some sort of white elephant type gifts. But they're wrapped so you have no idea what it is. Some are labeled girl, boy, adult, etc. Bids are super low, but there are tons of items so they end up raising a few hundred dollars. It's a really great idea. TJ's dad kept bidding on items & giving them to me as "birthday gifts." There were a lot of random things, let me tell you.
So this is one of the things I got & everyone was like what in the world?! but I was thinking this could be made into something cool.
All items are from the Citrus Twist kit. The two stamps are from It's all Fall puns. I used the metallic & the glitter Cri-kit pens. As a side note, I was thinking the whole time that it would be nice if there was just a plain black or brown pen. At the end, I found out there was a black one - it's in the regular/neon colors. But I ended up not using it anyway. For the orange fleurish I used a metallic grey pen & on the kraft fleurish I used a yellow glitter.
![]() |
| close up of the stamp & Cri-kits pens, although the glitter didn't photograph well. |
Your next stop on the hop is Cyndy! Go check out her project.
*If you're not already a follower, become one now & leave me a comment on this post. I'll pick a random winner on Monday August 27 for a prize package!










18 comments:
Cute fall project! I'm a new follower.
Linda ☺
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com
I am a new follower!
Sheri R
sherii at cfl dot rr dot com
What a great way to use an... interesting gift :) Great story too about the auction on your birthday.
Sheri R
sherii at cfl dot rr dot com
What a fun fall project Ashley! I think your find was a good one. I've seen those glasses for sale at the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC in their winery. They had them billed as Redneck Wineglasses. I was getting ready to make some soon! ;) They're fun and funny! Thanks so much for being in the blog hop.
Super Hugs,
~Joy~
Super cute story and I love how you transformed the glass! Awesome!
Stacey
http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com
i love it! what a great idea for the upcoming holiday! thanks for sharing :)
sarabeth
Sounds like a fun family gathering! You did a great job turning that glass into such a pretty piece of home decor.
Fabulous project idea! So glad ya'll did this hop. I have crikits just sitting and haven't used them. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com
I'm about to become a follower.
What a great way to jazz up your.....gift/jar/glass. Heck I'm not sure what it is but I'm loving it.
What a cute project.
How very creative! Love it! I love that vase behind your project too! FABULOUS! You are on top of things aren't you?? I'm still regretting that I forgot about Valentine's Decorations! Oh well! Just your team mate Hopping along!
You did a great job making something extraordinary out of the ordinary! I'm a follower. TFS and thanks for a chance to win!
tcsobotka at charter dot net
Gorgeous Decor Piece!! Already getting the mood for fall :0)
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/
Wow, what a great transformation! love your fall project Ashley!!
Very creative project! I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
What a creative project!!! too cute :))... I am a folloer!
rrandrr@insightbb.com
Wow! Your project turned out great!! TFS
mvasquez69 at aol dot com
Great way to decorate. I'm becoming a follower. Thanks
Post a Comment