Monday, August 12, 2013

Menominee Park.

I'm starting in on our vacation photos from our end of July trip to Wisconsin. On the Saturday we were there, I didn't set the alarm right so we overslept & missed the Packers practice. We also had to stop at Kohls to find a long sleeve shirt - it was only 55 degrees there! So we arrived to watch the players come back from practice on the bicycles & then we headed for Oshkosh. There were outlets there I wanted to hit & then afterward, TJ found a nearby park on Lake Winnebago. The park had a "zoo" alebit small. 

I forget what these animals are called (& I've tried Google-ing to no avail) but there was a food dispenser nearby & for 25 cents you got a handful of food. I think we ended up spending $1 feeding them. They moo-ed & perked up when they heard the machine & immediately came to the fence. 


I was inspired by the polka dots challenge at City Crafter + Rochelle Spear's 'travel themed' challenge + Kristie B's August challenge.

Everything is from the August Studio Calico kits + I added some Elle's Studio serendipity tidbits.

5 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Wonderful layout, absolutely loving the photos :) Thank you for joining us at CCCB! Hugs, Wendy

Ros Crawford said...

What wonderful shots!! Love this page ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Rochelle Spears said...

awww! great photos!!! You did a fantastic job on your layout! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges!

Auntie Em said...

Those critters look a lot like cows from this angle but I am sure they were something much more exotic if they were in a zoo! lol
Great LO and I see the little geo tags. I had no idea you could even buy these, let alone what they were.
Thanks for sharing! :)