If you arrived from Kristie's blog, you are in the right place. If you just joined in, start at the beginning by clicking here. Our theme for December is "gold." The PWP designers have all made projects this month using the color gold. I love gold for December because it reminds me of Christmas. Gold and silver and white... those colors are Christmas. and red and green... I just love all the glittery magic that comes in December!
We hope you will check out each designer's blog to see what we have created. Once you have completed the hop, be sure and leave a comment on the Paper Wings blog for your chance to win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Paper Wings Productions online store! For a chance to win all you need to do is:
- be a follower of the Paper Wings blog, The Aviary
- visit each of the participating designer's blogs and leave a comment
- go back and leave us a comment on the Paper Wings blog telling us you completed the hop
To increase your chances of winning you can like our Facebook page and/or invite your friends to the hop. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each of your additional entries. The winner will be announced on Tuesday December 9, 2014 on the Paper Wings blog. Here's the card I made:
I wanted to use the gold foil wings with the Wings stamp set. I've used the wings on other projects and even altered them to make them a different color. This time the gold wings went with our hop theme! I used the Art Textures stamp on the background of my card. I mixed some of the Moon Shadow mist with a small amount of gel medium to stamp that faint gold pattern on the background. Then I used a large circle stamp from the same stamp set and heat embossed with white. Next I splattered some Moon Shadow mist on the card and finally I grabbed one last stamp from the Art Textures set and heat embossed with gold in the corners. I stamped my sentiment with StazOn to be sure it would stick with all that texture and junk on my page.
Hope you enjoyed my card today! I linked my PWP products to the PWP store below. You know I always like a giveaway so feel free to participate in the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
It's time to send you off to Erica's blog. Here is the complete line up just in case you get lost along the way:
Ashley (you are here)
supplies
gel medium: Faber Castell
distress crackle paint: Tim Holtz
gold embossing powder: My Stamp Box








16 comments:
Beautiful! I love the background stamping. :)
I adore this card. The sentiment is so true. My Christmas color would have to red. It is so cheery a color. Merry Christmas
This is beautiful! The sentiment is a favorite of mine and you did a great job! :)
Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your gold foiled wings, the textured gold BG with a gorgeous sentiment......! Oh my gosh your good!
Gorgeous and wonderful quote! Really lovely and poetic. Christmas is icy teal to me. :) tfs and a chance to win! hugs, Kristina
Oh wow!! I loved the sentiment and those gold wings :) so perfect!
Such a pretty card! Love the repeat stamping to create a soft patterned background & those Wings are just perfection! Beautiful♡
Ashley, you used my favorite saying--it's been kind of a theme for me this year, and it's beautiful with the gold wings. Love the white circles and the gold splatters.
Very cool card. Christmas is many colors to me, the most outstanding are white, gold, red, green.
Red and gold. Those are my Christmas colors. Love your sentiment. TFS
Ashley, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the sprays and embossing you did before adding the lovely gold wings. The colors of red and green remind me of Christmas, with just a touch of silver and gold. Thank you so much for sharing your card.
Mindy
never seen wings on a card. very cool!
This is just stunning Ashley! Beautifully done! Thanks for the inspiration!
Wow - so pretty!
BEAUTIFUL card Ashley!!!
LOVE your background and sweet sentiment, LOVE your GORGEOUS golden wings too!!!
Christmas is red to me, so I will be making some traditional red & green cards this year.
I'm also going to experiment a little, with a modern pink-lime-white combo and an elegant white & gold too, because I have several designs I want to try :)
Post a Comment