Monday, June 15, 2015

family.

I have to go back to work on Wednesday so I'm taking advantage of my free time while I can. Tonight I found this sketch at Sketch N Scrap with the twist to use washi tape. This photo is my boyfriend and his sister on her birthday back in April.

This kraft paper came in the Studio Calico Seven Paper Baxter bundle kit I purchased a while back. I layered journal cards under my photo and I altered my chipboard pieces with heat embossing. For the heart piece, I applied Versamark to a small section, then applied embossing powder and heat embossed it. Then I applied Versamark to the next two section, repeating the process.

For the other chipboard piece, I applied a layer of crackle embossing paste and then sprinkled on embossing powder and heat embossed it. It really gives it a rough looking finish, but with glimmer. It's hard to tell in the photo ;) Thanks for looking!

supplies
stamp: Sweet Stamp Shop (Warm Notes)
rub ons, patterned paper: Studio Calico
puffy stickers: Freckled Fawn; Seven Paper by Studio Calico
label stickers: Lily Bee
chipboard: Creative Embellishments
embossing powder: American Crafts Zing! (rouge, apricot, grapefruit); Cappuccino Star (EP434)
embossing paste: Dreamweaver Crackle Paste

8 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

fabulous page! Love the background!!

Lisa in Texas said...

Great job with the sketch! Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kerry said...

Lots of wonderful details and awesome take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing your family page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

ScrapMuch? Elaine said...

I love your background paper. So fun! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

Sura said...

Love this layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama

Susan Renshaw said...

Great page...super take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing with Sketch~N~Scrap!

M said...

Great take on the sketch! Love your altered chipboard hearts :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Well done. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month.