Sunday, September 20, 2015

Big Day mini reveal|Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Sparkle N Sprinkle is having a Mid-Month Mini Blog Hop so that we can showcase the new Big Day stamp set.

This is a planner/calendar stamp set that was included in this month's video technique kit club. This new set is 20% off until Sept 23. Once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping. 



A WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the designers' blogs and will receive this new Big Day set along with the Basic Grey calendar kit also showcased in this month's video.

Please leave a comment with each designer in order to be eligible for this prize. You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment. The grand prize winner will be announced on Sept 23 on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog.

The Blog Hop order for our Mini Reveal is:

Jess
Chris
Shona
Eret
Anne
Marie
Diane
Ashley
Ani

We hope you enjoy this Mini Reveal as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  And hopefully, we have inspired you as well. Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the designers' blogs to be eligible for the grand prize.  (We love reading your comments as they inspire us as well.) The next stop on our blog hop is ANI.

Now for my project... I have always had a spiral bound paper planner and everything goes in it. Appointments, work schedule, pet appointments, mom's work schedule (because I help take care of her dog when she works), events and other things I have planned. I know some people put everything into their phone these days but I still like the good old fashioned paper planner. Just like I prefer good old fashioned books to e-readers ;)

Anyway. Here's what my planner normally looks like:
Lately the planner trend has gotten out of control. People are covering every square centimeter of space in their planners and to me, it's hard to read. When I look at these planner pages I wonder how the owner can tell whether that sticker means something important or if it's just for decoration. When Sparkle N Sprinkle released the Big Day stamp set I loved the small squares and the clean design of the stamps. These will easily fit into my calendar days and will draw a little bit of attention to something I have planned that day without overwhelming my whole planner. So I started stamping and playing.
row 1 Cappuccino Star EP 434; row 4 Skylight EP212S | Peacock EP301S; row 5 cherry EP228S | fiery brown EP369S

I stamped the images several times and then tried different techniques - heat embossing and coloring with Copics and Wink of Stella markers. Once I had a few Big Day images ready, I got my planner. Here's what I did:
masked and heat embossed the 'appointment' stamp
It's easy to mask of certain areas of the stamps so you can customize them for your needs. I just use washi tape and mask off the area I don't want stamped. Then I ink my image with Versamark ink, remove the washi tape, and stamp my image.

For these buildings pictured below, I masked off the 'no school'  because I'm not in school. Stamped alone, these buildings could be office buildings. So I used them on two days in November when my office will be closed.
masked and heat embossed the 'appointment' stamp
heat embossed with Peacock EP301S
As you've seen on this hop, this stamp set can actually be very versatile. If you're not into planning at all (maybe you're one of those who uses your phone), this stamp set can be really cool on cards and other projects. If you're new to planning and want to give it a try, this is a great basic stamp set to get you started. If you're old to planning and want to add some ammunition to your collection, this stamp set is for you. Pretty much I can't think of a reason NOT to go pick this stamp set up! :)

8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

How creative!! Love that you masked certain parts of the stamps. It will definitely make a planner much easier to spot the important things. Love it!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Ashley - Wonderful! I love how you have adapted the stamps and made them even more versatile through masking. So much fun! Your calendar is incredible. Love it!

Jodie Stoddard said...

What a great way to make your calendar look more appealing and using the stamped images really makes those events stand out when you open your calendar. I am sure this will help you not miss a thing.

Gina H said...

I love the masking with the washi tape! You are right, too much stuff in the planner and it is hard to read. I like that these keep it simple!

Eret said...

Thank you, Ashley, for sharing the ways to use those stamps. I love your yellow appointment square where you embossed the border and left inside withouth the image to write on the text. It looks very nice.

Jessica K said...

LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your masking technique! Another great use for washi! :) Fantastic job!

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! What a fabulous use by masking for other occasions/reminders. This is closest to what I'd do right away with this set since my planner at work is so lived in aND needs color!

Kara said...

I'm a 'planner girl' and LOVE this idea!