Sunday, July 15, 2012

sweet little angel.

I cannot work with sketches! I tried to explain this last month. I don't know what my problem is. I get off focus and I totally lose sight of the sketch. Even though it's sitting right in front of me. This sketch even appears to be for an 8.5x11 scrapper like me. Anyway, here's our sketch:
I used the MME Nostalgia papers and the "sweet little angel" embellishment, which I adore. You can find these HERE.

Everything else is mine. Jillibean buttons, Heidi Swapp labels, Cosmo Cricket rub ons.

Have you ever seen such a precious face? I doubt it.

So I've talked before about how we rescued Bentley & the wonderful organization he came from & how we still volunteer with them & foster when we can. I've also talked about the high euthanasia rate of black animals in shelters. We love our B boy & we've been blessed to be a part of saving several dogs lives since we started volunteering in September. 

Pleasepleaseplease spay & neuter your animals. Research breeds. Adopt. Don't support puppy mills. Donate to your local animal shelters.

via

via

Also. I'm doing another random giveaway this month. When you get your project done using the sketch, post a link to it in the comments on this post. Deadline is July 31. I will announce a random winner on August 2.

Don't forget to check out the other girls' projects on the Crafting Family blog!

6 comments:

Ross Plata said...

Amazing LO, i love the pic !!! Thanks for the chance to win !!

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Great LO, and an especially great photo of Bentley! Wonderful photography of a black dog which can be so hard to do... After owning 2 I should know! He looks like he has so much personality. I'm not much of a scrapper, but your challenge sounds fun & I think I may give it a try!

Love your commitment to rescue dogs. Earlier this year I went on a quest to learn more about Islam & expand my western ideas about different cultures in the world. Say what you want about ideas of gender, sex, food, art, ect., I could barely wrap my mind around the "haddith" or provisions about dogs, and especially BLACK dogs. Sad to hear that these beauties are at an additional disadvantage in shelters too. I personally am a big fan.

farmhouse-story said...

sweet face, huh? fab page, ashley!

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

Beautiful layout! Love the photo and adorable dog.

Sharing here my July Layout
http://sisterscraftcafe.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-pillow-by-luanne.html

Thanks!
Luanne

Tee said...

Your layout is super cute - I also love your commitment to our 4 legged friends.

Here is my link for the sketch challenge.

http://tee-myspot.blogspot.com/2012/07/crafting-family-july-sketch-challenge.html

Tee

Anneliese Grassi said...

I love your layout! What an adorable puppy!!!! Here is my takeon the July sketch. Thank you for the chance to win!!

http://www.queen-of-the-crop.blogspot.com/2012/07/crafting-family.html