So instead of paying to have my house, garage door, trim, and shutters painted, I spray painted the shutters myself. I think it turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself.
![]() |
| this is the listing photo from 2013 |
So I took the shutters off, scrubbed them down really good, let them dry, and then started spray painting. I actually did one window by itself first just to see if I liked it. Then I took the other one down and did it. I have two windows with shutters on the back of the house and five windows with shutters on the front of the house. While I was at it, I went to the hardware store to get all new screws to put them back up. The old ones were rusted and stripped and I figured if I'm doing all this I might as well have new/matching/nice screws. But they didn't have black coated ones so I had to spray paint the screw heads too.
| I think I used six cans of this. It was almost one can per shutter pair. |
Doesn't it make a huge difference?! I love it now and can actually bear the thought of holding off painting the siding for another year. Plus, now they won't be doing my shutters too so it'll be even cheaper. I think the house definitely needed the contrast and I love how it turned out!







0 comments:
Post a Comment