Saturday, December 3, 2011

JFK memorial.


This is the layout I created from this inspiration piece.


The red & rustic immediately made me think of our recent trip to the JFK Memorial in Dallas. What's more American than the color red? I love the red with kraft so I used kraft paper as my background. I incorporated texture (that I note in the firewood & the basket) by using a scrap of burlap & the corrugated letters. & I love the curve of that old door so I cut out the brackets from a piece of patterned paper to incorporate the curve of that as well.

3 comments:

Helen F. said...

Beautiful layout interpretation of the Tues Trigger, Ashley. Great photo of you and your boyfriend too :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Shannon said...

love the layout, esp. the corrugated alphas with the kraft and red. I'd love to visit there!