Monday, January 16, 2012

dining room turned office.

Previously I mentioned the old dining room was becoming our new "office." Even though TJ's office is downstairs, he wanted a home office area. Because one flight of stairs is too long of a commute, right?

Also we were informed the location of our treadmill (living room) would have to be moved (to the spare bedroom ie my scrapbook room) because the weight wasn't supported on that end of the house & I didn't want to go crashing through the floor 2 miles into my run & land in the middle of TJ's conference room below. So the treadmill got moved to the spare bedroom (FKA my scrapbook room) & my scrapbook room got moved to the dining room, which is now our office space. The dining room got moved to a previously unused area, but that's for another day.

So we painted last weekend & worked on polyurethane on the floors. It had to be done in two sections because it's such a big space which meant moving all the furniture to one side of the room & then moving all the furniture to the other side of the room. It took two weekends. Finally Saturday night we were done with the floors & when we woke up Sunday we began moving furniture into our new office...

office before it became an office

office now!

Please ignore that massive mess - I'm in the middle of many projects for my bff's fundraiser for the local animal shelter!

TJ is still searching for his perfect desk for his home office but I am super happy with my new scrapbooking space. It's more a part of the kitchen/living area & less all the way down the hall secluded which I think will make me more productive all the way around.

0 comments: