Friday, January 6, 2012

painting the dining room.

before
before

This is long overdue. I have hated this wall color since I moved in. It's hideous. We've had a lot of other projects that have taken priority but 8 months later (& because we're re-arranging the entire place) we finally got to it. I figured if we have to move everything out of the room, we may as well paint it while it's empty. So Thursday at 6a.m. (before TJ had court) we went to Menards. Generally I like Valspar paint, which Lowes carries, but we had rebates to use at Menards. So we went with Grand Distinction paint & primer in one in Khaki Stone in eggshell. It looks more like wet cement on the paint swatch & on the walls it looks more blue. Oh well. We still primed the walls & then only used one coat of Khaki Stone. I thought it might look more grey if we used two coats but I'm tired of painting.

Also, this is no longer going to be our dining room. Hello, new "office" space. My scrapbooking area + TJ's home office area.

after
after












I'm linking to Addicted 2 Decorating  link party!