Yesterday we ran the Polar Bear 5k. It was actually a ride & a run, sponsored by a local bike club, but we aren't in the condition to ride our bikes (one of my tires is flat) & we don't have those expensive, light weight serious bikes anyway. So we would've died.
Anyway, I ran about 60 miles last year (taking off June - November with no explanation) so my goal this year is to double that. & so I signed us up for this run several weeks in advance & then ran very little in order to prepare. TJ ran even less than I did. We did go for a run the night before with Bentley & ran about 1.5 miles, which I felt really good.
The morning of the run it was 47 degrees (felt like 37 degrees with the wind chill), super windy (wind gusts up to 40 mph). The bicycle ride had basically destroyed everyone so there was one guy from the ride who also was participating in the run with us. That made the total participants 3.
& he dropped out after 1 mile.
So we ran alone. & we won the race!
Our time was 34:36 which is not great but my PR last year was 30:59 so with more running I will get better. I never would've finished, probably wouldn't even have started, if TJ wasn't doing it with me & it was brutal. The wind was ridiculous & sometimes I felt like I wasn't moving forward at all. But we did it, finished, & we're proud of ourselves. We even got some info about signing up for the local running club & we're seriously considering it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
wtg, ashley!
that's awesome!
Post a Comment