For the City Crafter's challenge to use black/white/grey with a hint of pink. I'm afraid I used more than a hint. Hey, I like pink! & for the sketch challenge at Twisted Sketches. The twist is to use "animal" any how, anyway.
I used my Cricut paper pups for the paw print border & the circle bone embellishment under the photo on the left; Little Red Scrapbook October 2010 main kit because I can't get enough of these papers; & I stamped the background of the pink to tone it down a little with Unity Nov 2010 kit of the month & Unity Aug 2010 kit of the month.
Journaling is a text conversation I had with TJ after Love of Labs contacted me about Lita. She was at a shelter in New Castle, Indiana, & her time was UP. Like, UP up. If I didn't get her on Friday, she was being put to sleep on Saturday. We were leaving the next weekend to go to Chicago so we could only very temporarily foster her until a more permanent foster home opened up or she got adopted. I left right after work, it took 1.5 hours to get there (I think I took the long way), & I got there literally 10 minutes before they closed. She was a perfect angel on the ride home & we stopped at PetCo to get a collar (& matching pink leash!) for her because I didn't have any small enough. She was the sweetest little girl, definitely still very much a puppy, & Bentley loved having her as a playmate. I was contacted early the following week about a family who said she sounded perfect. Wednesday she went with the director of Love of Labs, who took her to be spayed, & then to meet her adopted parents.
Yes, she was adopted the following weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
cute page! love the new blogwear, ash!
So sweet and lovely! ! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!
Great take on our sketch Ashley x
many thanks for taking part.
Sheena x
Twisted Sketches.
Post a Comment