Friday, April 27, 2012

Stitch Fix review #1.

I read about Stitch Fix & it sounded like a fun thing to do. Basically you pay $20 for them to style you. You fill out a survey about your sizes & colors you like to wear & different styles that you like or want to try. They charge you $20 & ship you five items. 

I read this part:
We work with the best up-and-coming labels and brands -- the kind featured in magazines and on stylish celebs-- but our average price point is an accessible $75. We'll even try to keep the prices of items in your Fix close to what you're used to spending (no promises that it'll be exactly the price you want...we want to add some adventure!!) But, if you are into $30 accessories, and $100 dresses, we’ve got you covered. Are $100 tops and $200 necklaces more your style? We do that, too! 
but I guess I didn't think it would truly be THAT expensive. 

Imagine my surprise yesterday when my package arrived & the total was $248! For three shirts, a cardigan, & a ring. Of course the $20 applies to your purchase & if you buy all 5 items you get a 25% discount so the total was $166.

I tried everything on & they sent some cute stuff. [Except the ring. It's ugly & too big. The cardigan is too small.] Not really my normal style but cute stuff anyway. The only thing I would've considered keeping if it was in my price range was the navy tank. The detail on the back is pretty.


So needless to say, it was a fail.  I may try it again some time but I wasn't in love with any of these items. Here is a referral link if you want to try it for yourself: referral link

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Interesting service! The green top is lovely on your skin tone!! I don't like the ring at all either. The tank is cute.