Monday, May 21, 2012

Garnier Fructis triple nutrition shampoo & conditioner.



I've been using Herbal Essences Color me Happy since I started highlighting my hair. It smells good & my hair seems to do well with it.

Then last month I decided I wanted to go back to my natural color.

It just so happens that around the same time, Garnier Fructis sent me some of their new triple nutrition fortifying shampoo & conditioner. It uses three weightless nutritive fruit oils: olive, avocado, & shea. It's made for dry, damaged hair & the brochure says it nourishes your hair to the core so it shines from within. 

The first great thing I noticed about the shampoo is that is smells wonderful. Without a doubt one of the best smelling shampoos I have ever used. I think my old shampoo smells pretty good but this stuff is amazing. It's worth using just for the smell. I could definitely tell the shampoo & conditioner are much thicker & creamier. 
 After I use this shampoo & conditioner, my hair is so smooth & soft. I can definitely notice more of a sheen to it as well & it seems to have less tangles.

 


I also love the little button the flip top - makes it easier to open when your fingers are soapy & slippery.

Another great thing about the product is the bottles are now more Eco-friendly. They contain 30% recycled plastic & they're 10% lighter, which saves over 125 tons of plastic annually.

Now for the negatives. I'm thinking my hair wasn't dry & damaged enough for this line because it almost seems too heavy for  my hair. & as a side note, they even have an "extra- dry, damaged hair" shampoo! I have found if I use it several days in a row my hair becomes sort of weighed down. This is good for the summer or when it's more humid because my hair tends to get frizzy & have more of a wave to it in humidity. This shampoo/conditioner helps to weigh it down & I've found it to be a little more tolerable in the humid weather. So I have started rotating Garnier Fructis triple nutrition shampoo & conditioner in every few days with my old shampoo & conditioner & have gotten better results.

0 comments: