Sunday, May 13, 2012

in honor of nurse's week... [conversations with offenders round 1]

I thought I would share a few conversations I've had with offenders over the past few months.

Offender: Do you think if I asked the Dr he would prescribe me some Ashley?
Me: No.
Offender: Why? Every time I see you I feel better! I bet you could cure cancer!


 Overheard officer1 say to officer2: Watch out for Ashley. She's a firecracker tonight!

 Me, to the offender with Boxer's fractures in both hands: Hmm... who taught you to fight?
Offender: Nobody.
Me: Obviously!


 Me: I need to see your ID.
Offender1: I told you my name. I wouldn't lie.
Me: Yes you would. You're a prisoner.
Offender2: Ugh. We can't be trusted because we're prisoners. *rolls eyes*
Me: Well at least I didn't say it's because you're black.


Offender, singing: They see me rollin,' they hatin,' tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty-
Me: Pretty sure they did catch you "ridin' dirty." That's why you're here.
Offender, frowning: Yeah. True.


Offender, talking about how he gets released soon: I'm really gonna miss you, Ash. I'm gonna think of you every time I see a squirrel.
Me: A squirrel?! 
Offender: Yeah. Because you always wear a ponytail & it reminds me of a squirrel's tail.

2 comments:

Kara Renee said...

Oh my gosh, these literally cracked me up! Hahah what an interesting job you have!

Christine from Crafting Family said...

The squirrel's tail comment literally had me busting out laughing...I could totally see this conversation playing out and your pony tail...hey, at least he was honest right? lol
Loved your conversations with offenders segment..hilarious!