Tuesday, August 21, 2012

book sale.

When we were in Michigan a few weekends ago, we drove through a small town & saw a book sale sign posted in front of their library. We're huge fans of library book sales. We went to our city library book sale last fall & even became members of "Friends of the Library" ($5 fee each) so that we could get into the book sale on the first day. If you've never been to one, it is literally tables & tables piled with boxes & stacks of books on top of books. It's a dream for someone who reads a lot, like me.

Anyway, we were passing by this library book sale & decided to run in & check it out. It was supposed to close in 20 mins but there were a few others milling around so they stayed open longer. We left with two big bags full of books for $5 per bag. We made out like bandits!

the photo was taken with Instagram so it's not the best quality
This is my second project I've posted with my August Citrus Twist kit. It's based off their August sketch challenge.


2 comments:

Life and Knits said...

I love library book sales! Good for you. Love your project. Great papers and layout. Look at all those books!!

Shannon said...

really love the subject and the mix of products you used. that pp reminds me of some vintage sheets I scored recently, plus I love the little bit of tulle and "from the personal library label"