A local radio station had a contest for their Up Close concert series. You could win tickets to see Gary in their studio. I entered online daily like five days in a row. One night I got an email saying I won tickets. I kind of wondered if it was spam but it said I'd be emailed more details October 31. So I waited...
& October 31 I woke up & checked my email & sure enough I had won tickets!
![]() |
| via Instagram |
So Thursday night came & I didn't get chosen for the meet & greet (I was #166. They called #156 & #176) but I was just glad to be there. Except that he only sang five songs. His new one was one of them.
It ended all too soon & we thought we'd walk around to the alley & catch him getting into his bus to leave. Well there was a parking garage that required a passcode - no alley. We decided to head around the block toward PF Changs. When we turned the corner there was a public parking garage & we were sure we could get through to where his bus was. We were sure the two garages were connected. We headed around the wall to start up the sidewalk toward the garage & as we rounded the corner, there was his bus!
Long story short - he came out!
![]() |
| I want to kiss his face! |
& when I got around the corner I started jumping up & down. Then I remembered I had one of his CDs in my purse that I wanted to get autographed. But I was too embarrassed to go back.
Hoping to get a 2nd chance in Chicago next month! #fingerscrossed







2 comments:
great story! Yay for free tickets too! that is awesome!
i love the name of your blog! and congrats on meeting gary allan! i'm a huge country music fan too. following your blog now
Post a Comment