Thursday, November 22, 2012

volunteering.

I've been volunteering with our local humane society for just over a year now. When I first met with the volunteer coordinator, I wanted to work with the dogs (they ask you to choose dogs or cats so you can be dedicated to one area). However, she also needed someone to go to PetCo on Thursday mornings to take care of the cats there. 


There are four cages that Petco allows the shelter to keep at the store and the shelter does adoptions from Petco. It's a great way to get more interest for the humane society and specifically for the cats that are there that week (or sometimes several weeks). So every Thursday morning I go feed & water the kitties & empty their litter boxes & play with them a little bit. I usually take photos of them with my phone & share them on Facebook or Twitter. I thought it was time to include some of the kitties in my scrapbook :)

I actually did a double page layout, which I very rarely ever do. I used Cosmo Cricket for my background and accent papers. The grey cardstock is Tim Holtz kraft core & I used a border punch with it. I accented with the Winsor rub ons by SEI and center kisses by Prima (which must be sold out because I can't find them in the store anymore). Here is a link to the ribbon I used. It can be dyed or misted but I just used it plain on this page. Some of the accents were popped off the page with the 1/2 inch Zapdots & my adhesive was the Helmar tape runner (as usual).


Other embellishments are some of Amy Tangerine die cut shapes, ephemera from Pink Paislee Portfolio & the stamps are from the Unity Feb 2011 kit of the month.

1 comments:

Emily D. said...

Awe, I love cats. This is such a fantastic layout! I hope they all find homes soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!