Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop: guest designer.


Hi again everyone! Today I am sharing what I created with the gears backdrop stamp.I experimented a lot with this stamp and I found that using a pigment ink gave better coverage. Also, it helps if you apply the paper to the ink pad. Instead of pressing the ink pad onto the paper. Flip the ink pad up, and press your paper onto it. Got much better coverage that way. Here's a layout I created:
I used embossing ink on this one and silver metallic Zing embossing powder. This story is about how TJ sliced his hand open last year opening a can and had to get three stitches. The layout didn't scan well but the silver metallic really makes the gears look cool.

I also made a card:
I thought this bicycle die cut from Crate Paper's Fourteen collection was an appropriate starting point since V day is coming up and I wanted to see if I could use the manly gears backdrop in a girlie way.

Thanks for joining us on the two day release party! I'm sure you've found some new stamps you want and I hope to see your creations soon!  If you didn't do so yesterday, become a follower today and leave me a comment on this post and I'll draw a random winner to receive a prize package from me later this week.

15 comments:

Jessica Pascarella said...

Great projects! Love the gear stamp!!!

Jessica Pascarella said...

New follower! Great work!

Emily D. said...

That gear stamp is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing your tips on using it. I always like having other ways to use stamps... esp when it comes to getting a clear image. :) Great projects!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the gears! Great layout!

Stephanie U said...

THat stamp works perfectly for the pattern paper on your layout. It is so cool!

sharon g said...

I like the gears with the bike. Very cute. My hubby has always wanted a tandem...

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with that gear stamp set. Love how you used it in your projects!

Mary-Anne V said...

great layout and card. Thanks for the tips on using this stamp.

Samantha Mann said...

oh, LOVE your layout! i love seeing layouts!!!! that gear stamp is so versatile! and your card is just super fun too! perfect pairing with the bike!

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous! Love the gears! So perfect for masculine projects!

~amy~ said...

awesome projects!

Natasha G.P. said...

The twine looks great with all of the other elements. This card would be good for many different people.

Sue D said...

Great card and layout using these gears.

Emily H said...

Love those gears!

Michele Duffy said...

You have a really fun style, great job with the stamps!