Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop reveal! [life is hard.]

I'm so excited to be part of the Sweet Stamp Shop's reveal! I love their stamps, Nicole is so nice, & I am honored to be a part of this!

This happened last Superbowl weekend. TJ was making a seven layer taco dip to take to his parent's house & he cut his finger opening a can. It bled a lot & was pretty deep but I had to convince him he needed to go to the ER. I told him it was a clean cut so it could probably be glued. When we got there, he asked the Dr if it could be glued. The Dr hesitated & looked at me & asked if I thought glue would be ok. I said NO! We have a new puppy & we're too active. It needs sutures! 

So he got three stitches.

I used the gear background stamp for this page & Zing silver metallic embossing powder. It gives it a shiny finish, which you can't see in the scan, but makes it look very masculine & gear-like.



The vellum & washi are from the SC sock hop kit. I also used: Jillibean Soup love the... soup labels, label stickers from October Afternoon, MME the sweetest thing enamel dots & a sticker from Teresa Collins tell your story. The "life is hard" stamp is from Technique Tuesday simple joy & the ink is Prima old dirt road chalk ink. 

6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you stamped the background on this card...very cool effect!

sharon g said...

I like the embossing using silverrrrrrrrrr

Natasha G.P. said...

Your muted tones look great. And your drips? Nice

~amy~ said...

Love the layout!

Shannon said...

you embossed? I bow down to your attention to detail. LOVE the colors and feel of the layout!

Chelsea said...

Fantastic layout! I wouldn't naturally have been drawn to gears, but seeing it in action makes me want it.