skip to main |
skip to sidebar
enjoy the little things.
The bald eagle population has really been growing around here in the last four - five years. I've seen them on the Mississinewa lake the past two summers, soaring up above the trees & finally disappearing & landing in the trees. My mom has seen one right on the edge of town, on the river by the utility plant the past couple of years. She & her boyfriend have gone out to the reservoir & seen many. My grandparents have also seen as many as 15 out by the reservoir. I was never lucky enough to find any until the last weekend in Feb when I got up early & drove out with my grandparents. We saw 17! It was amazing. I didn't have my nice camera with me because I didn't think we'd see anything; I never had before.
The following weekend I got off work Saturday at 7a.m. & headed out for our search. We saw two. This one & a juvenile, by the utility plant in town. I had my zoom lens & was able to get some great shots of this one, who was perched in a tree right above the road along the river.
I am completely amazed by seeing bald eagles in the wild, yet so close to town & to people. Here are links to a couple of online articles I found about the eagles around here:
article 1
article 2
Supplies: Declaration line by Pink Paislee. Amy Tan rub ons (from the SC Neverland kit) & wood veneer tags. Mister Huey hot diggity mist for the star in the upper left corner. The red glitter strips are American Crafts. The film strip stamp is Technique Tuesday life in pictures. The sentiment stamp is from August 2010 Unity kit of the month (all you need) & the date stamp is Ippity A Moment in Time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment