It's rare that I have an entire day with nothing to do, let alone a Saturday. Not that I don't have anything to do but no immediate, pressing issues. So this morning I potted some of the plants I brought home from work (the offenders have a horticulture class & at the end of the class, staff are offered all the plants/trees/flowers that they grew - free!). I told one of the girls at work to surprise me with some & I brought home eight. The only ones I know for sure are a spider plant, a geranium, a pepper plant, & two tomato plants. The rest will definitely be a surprise! After that, I started scrapping & finished two layouts with my May Studio Calico kits.
I used an Instagram photo from my aunt's 50th bday dinner (complete with a free tequila shot for the bday girl) for this layout & was inspired by the challenge at Scrapbook Circle to use patterned paper for a background.
This is mostly Big Dipper with a little bit of Lyra + Planetarium. The background paper is light blue but it didn't scan well. The red ink used for the "this moment" stamp is Poppy Parade from Stampin' Up. The navy ink is Prima chalk ink in farmer jeans.
Here's the second page, a 12x12 layout, about the tulip lanes in Holland, Michigan. We went last weekend (Friday - Sunday) for the Tulip Time festival. The tulips were amazing! This has been on my "bucket list" for the past two or three years & for one reason or another I've not been able to go. This year, I was determined to make it happen. [More layouts to come soon!]
This one was made using Planetarium (with some Lily Bee alpha stickers from my stash) for this sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique.
& here's a few more photos from that weekend:
Like the Studio Calico kits? Thinking about joining? Use my referral link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment