Monday, May 27, 2013

thanks so much {in honor of Memorial day} [Growing in Unity]

This week starts my week of Growing in Unity! Very exciting!! 


So in honor of Memorial day, I made a thank you card. 

Memorial Day is a day for remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle. (source)

I used the Ippity stamp set Just Wanted to Say. It has some cute little frames & several sentiments. 

I placed one of the frame stamps on some white cardstock & used Studio Calico Mister Huey's (hot diggity) to mist the cardstock. Then I stamped the frame & sentiment in Prima chalk ink (farmer jeans & ladybug). I tied some American Crafts ribbon into a bow at the bottom & rounded the corners with my Crop A Dile Corner Chomper.


Now the FUN part. Part of my Growing in Unity fun is that I get to have a giveaway sponsored by Unity. Unity Stamp Co will give one lucky winner two Itty Bitty stamp sets! All you have to do is comment! I will have a Growing in Unity post every day this week & I'll draw a winner on Saturday.

Thanks for visiting me! :)

15 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Nice thank you card to commemorate Memorial Day! Congrats on your GIU week. I'll be sure to check in each day to see your creations!

Gaylynn said...

I like the little frame and sentiment. And it's nice that you did this for Memorial Day. Congrats on your GIU week. :)

Julie Odil said...

Oh, how wonderful to have a Memorial Day card. Most appropriate! Congrats in being this week's GIU girl!

Karenladd said...

Oooh, love the color misting on your card!

LauraEva said...

wow---that's a great card!!!

Kris B said...

Love the misted background! Very cool card! TFS

{VICKI} said...

Love the misting!

Sue D said...

Perfect for Memorial day. I like the misting.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful Memorial Day card! I love the misting!

Ruby said...

Great misted card.

cghundley said...

Happy Memorial Day!
Your card is so pretty.
Really like the effect
the spraying had on it.
Carla from Utah

cghundley said...

Happy Memorial Day!
Your card is so pretty.
Really like the effect
the spraying had on it.
Carla from Utah

Scrappin' Diva said...

Great card and so easy to do!

Jean Bullock said...

Nicely done. Love the texture of the cardstock. It looks like canvas.

StampNK said...

Simple card with that gorgeous ribbon, so effective!