Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the best way to pay for a lovely moment... [Growing in Unity]

Thanks for stopping by today for my Growing in Unity debut! This is such a fun week for me & I'm so excited to be a part of this. Unity has such an awesome selection of stamps. 
I'm sharing a layout today using an Instagram photo. Sidenote: With the Walgreens app, you can upload & print Instagram photos. They only print in 4x4 size so I ordered a handful to try them out. I think they were 38 cents. The quality was not the best & they have more of a matte finish., but overall it's something I would try again in the future. 

Anyway, the stamp set I used for this layout is the June 2010 kit of the month fly free. These two stamps are some of my favorites EVER. That heart border is SO cute & I really like that sentiment.

 I really dug into my stash & used some old supplies on this one, which is always a great accomplishment. The papers are all from my scraps. I used an old Heidi Swapp chipboard color resist heart. The stickers are Basic Grey & Echo Park (orange arrow). The green enamel dots are Basic Grey & the rhinestones are from Studio18. The washi is Glitz Design (from an SC kit).

The inks are Prima chalk inks: farmer jeans, teal damask, coldsfoot petals, garden grass, raspberry pie, ladybug. I used them on the chipboard heart & also on the cute heart border stamp. They're really easy to blend & the colors look so pretty together, especially on that heart border but it's hard to tell in the scan.

Thank you for stopping by today! In honor of my Growing in Unity week, Unity is allowing me to hold a giveaway! One lucky winner will get two Itty Bitty stamp sets! All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment! It would be awesome if you became a follower too but it's not required! :)

21 comments:

LauraEva said...

That's a great layout!!!

Kris B said...

Wonderful layout! Love all the colors and patterns! TFS

Jean said...

So pretty!!

Julie Odil said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors you chose!

Gaylynn said...

Love how the background has a washi-look. Sentiment is so true. :)

Gaylynn said...

Love how the background has a washi-look. Sentiment is so true. :)

Gaylynn said...

Love how the background has a washi-look. Sentiment is so true. :)

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty layout! Love the sentiment.... hadn't noticed that stamp before.

{VICKI} said...

Wonderful layout
love the quote!

Sue D said...

I like all the paper strips you used on the layout and the sentiment is perfect.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love it when people do layouts for the GIU week! This is so pretty and CAS. Loving the strips of paper!

Ruby said...

Very pretty layout. I am looking forward to seeing your creations this week. TFS projects with us.

Judy said...

I really enjoy seeing the different styles of scrapbooking that people have. Love that you could use older supplies and still come up with a beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful layout. The paper really accents that photo. TFs

cghundley said...

Lovely layout. The
heart really adds to
the picture.
Carla from Utah

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a fun layout and love the sentiment!

Jean Bullock said...

Great use of the paper strips.

Karenladd said...

Wow, love that sentiment and what a great layout! Perfect way to highlight the stamps

StampNK said...

A beautiful layout and a beautiful sentiment!

SHartl said...

How did I miss seeing that sentiment before! It's so perfect!

Cynthia said...

Great layout, Ashley! Fun way to use up some of the paper scraps on my desk.