When we were in Michigan last month, we visited the zoo in Grand Rapids. We were there for several hours & it was 'feeding time' shortly before we left. We stumbled upon the American Golden Eagle kind of by mistake. There was construction in part of the zoo & so sections were closed. We didn't know the Eagle exhibit was down the path & was open until we literally walked into it.
The Golden Eagle is not as majestic as the Bald Eagle but is still beautiful in its own way. What was not so beautiful was that they (there were two in the exhibit) were eating rats.
At any rate, we stood & watched them for several minutes. I imagine their feathers are quite gorgeous when the sunlight hits them just right.
This is based on a sketch from Sketch n Scrap HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
What a pretty layout! I love your mix of patterns on this layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
Awww, what a nice tribute to the golden eagle! Love the papers you used and the chevrons! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)
wow!!!! Beautiful photos! I love your take on the sketch, the colors and designs you worked with really complement those photos and the gold thickers are the perfect touch! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Sketch N Scrap.
Wow Ashley, I love your take on our sketch and the photo's are fab. At least the eagles were eating rats rather than something cute like a rabbit!
Thanks for playing along with us again at Sketch N Scrap. xx
Love the colors in your layout, that eagle looks stunning too. So glad you played along with us at Sketch N Scrap challenge.
xx Ria
So beautiful and amazing LO. Love the pictures. Thanks for joining us at Sketch-N-Scrap.
Thanks
Rachelle,DT
What a lovely layout! Those photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap!
This is a wonderful page and those photos are just amazing!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!!
Lovely work Ashley. I love all the details. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.
p.s. I miss being on LCOM DT with you all.
Post a Comment