Monday, August 5, 2013

Whimsical Twist blog hop & first challenge [summer]!


Welcome to Whimsical Twist's first challenge! 

We thought it would be a lot of fun to also have a Blog Hop to celebrate our first challenge! How does that sound? During the Hop you will be visiting blogs from several of our fabulous design team members. You will find so much inspiration on the way, that your head might explode! 

If you are just joining in, be sure to go to the Whimsical Twist blog to start. If you get lost along the way, just look at the list below to get you hopping in the right direction. And you can't have a Blog Hop without giveaways and this one is no different! 

In order to be entered into the giveaways, you will need to be sure you leave a comment on each blog on the hop. Whimsical Twist will also be giving away a $15 gift certificate to the shop to one random hopper! We will be announcing the winners of our giveaways on August 12, so be sure to watch for the announcements. 

 Without further ado, let's get this celebration started! Our first challenge is inspired by summer





I was really inspired by this mason jar photo from our inspiration board, which made me think of camping. I don't camp BUT we did have a fire over at mom's & made s'mores that were really yummy. So I thought those photos would work really well with my idea.


The background paper is an older piece of Pink Paislee from the Enchanting line & I used a 6x6 patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection. I also used some Studio Calico stamps (July kits), Sweet Stamp Shop (Warm Notes) & the 'remember this' stamp is from shopevalicious.com. The inks I used were both Prima chalk inks - shabby tote & English Ivy. Everything else is from the Whimsical Twist store.




Now, head off to Taniesa's blog to see her lovely creation. If you get lost along the way, here is the order of the hop:

Don't forget to leave me a comment before you go so you can be entered into the prize for the $15 gift certificate to Whimsical Twist store! && if you also become a follower of my blog, I'll enter you into a random drawing to win a prize from ME. Winner will be chosen August 12.

26 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Love the cluster in the top! Great colors! :)

Barbara Greenberg said...

Love your layout, the paper is perfect for it.
I have made several layouts myself of eating smores around a fire. My grandsons favorite activity.
Looking forward to following your blog.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

cool layout!!

Lang said...

Very cool layout.

Angi Barrs said...

Fun photos! Love the colors too.

Unknown said...

Fun layout! The stamping is awesome!!

Sandi said...

Ashley, what a great layout! I am thrilled to be on the same DT with you.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this wood grain paper and that grouping in the top left corner is wonderful!

Taniesa said...

Love the layering, the arrows and the little jar up top is so cute!!! Great Job!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love love love your layout! Fabulous patterned paper!

simplybren said...

Love this on the wood grain paper. The grouping at the top is great love the arrows!! Also really love the stamping. Great layout.

Me-Ma Kim said...

VERY COOL layout! Love the cluster of arrows and flags. I am a new follower. Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

tj said...

What a great idea to use the camping and roughing it theme to go along with the mason jar!

Suzy said...

That woodgrain background is awesome! Great layout. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win :)
-Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

Sue said...

What a fantastic page. I love all the details that you've included. I really love the mason jar with the fireflies and all the wonderful colorful lights. Thanks for the inspiration and for the chance to win some goodies.

carrie said...

Love this layout Ashley, I may have to "scrap-lift" a few elements from you. I have lots of S'more making photos to scrap. Thanks for the inspiration.

Giorgia Rossini said...

campfire... so summery!

Kristina MacKeen said...

You picked up on the photo I was really drawn to. I love how you documented this summer memory.

Janet's Joy said...

Love how the green pops on your page!

alexandra polyzou said...

amazing layout!!!I LOVE ALL THE DETAILS!!!GREAT WORK!!!

Unknown said...

Love the layout! I know I will enjoy your blog post!

ericarose said...

Stunning layout! Love the background paper!!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! Love the choice of papers!

Ruth G said...

You had me at "wood" : background paper, veneer arrows (love them colored!) I'm also a sucker for banners - you really got me covered! Thanks so much for sharing!

Michele Duffy said...

Lovely camping layout that's not really about camping :)

Irit Shalom said...

What a lovely project and a great blog hop too!