Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sketch N Scrap: guest designer.

I particpate in the sketch challenges and Sketch 'n Scrap quite often so when Heather asked me to guest design, I was thrilled! You can view the sketch and the DT reveal HERE. Here's the first sketch: 
I converted this sketch to an 8.5x11 for some old photos from a junior high Christmas dance. Using the smaller size meant squishing the sketch and losing a photo. 

I remember velvet dresses being all the rage in seventh grade - that's what all the girls were wearing to the dance.

I used a sheet of Polka Dot Party (American Crafts) for the background + the silver star transparency from Webster's Pages. So pretty! I added labels from Chic Tags, MME, Jillibean Soup, and Dear Lizzy. The wood veneers are from the December Day in the Life Cocoa Daisy kit - I don't do project life but I got this kit because a lot of the embellishments will be great for my album I'm starting about my home.

Thanks so much for checking out my page today and be sure to visit the Sketch N Scrap blog for details about the challenge/prize. You must link up your project on their blog by January 30.

1 comments:

Kerry said...

I adore the star transparency, it gives a lovely subtle pattern. I'm always a bit unsure about using them (but still buy them !) Your photo's are so sweet and the little heart clip is the cutest! Thanks for all your support for Sketch N Scrap. xx