Saturday, October 4, 2014

bushels of fun [LCOM 92].

Hey everyone! Can you believe it's October now?! It's Saturday which means it's also our sketch reveal on Let's Capture our Memories. Fittingly, I have an autumn layout to share today. Here was our sketch:
LCOM Sketch 92
I had some trouble getting started on this layout. Finally I decided to scale it down to 8.5x11 size and not use the sketch so literally. Here's what I came up with:
Last weekend we went to a local farmer's market where I got the pumpkins, bale of straw, and some mums. I don't have much outdoor autumn decor and I didn't decorate at all last year since I didn't move in until November. This didn't photograph very well but I promise it looks cute in real life. & I made the burlap wreath on my door too!

My paper, vellum, and chipboard piece are from Studio Calico kits. My wood veneer buttons & houses are Crate Paper; the wood leaves are Creative Embellishments chipboard. The little die cut pieces are from October Afternoon & then the two smaller pattern papers are 3x4 project life cards.

The October prize is a $20 gift certificate to Let's Capture Our Memories! Lots of great stuff in there to spend your money on! Here's how you can play along:


1. Make a newly created project using the provided sketch and upload it to your blog or online gallery.
2. Then leave a link to your project using the Inlinkz widget HERE. Please use a direct link to your LCOM Sketch post and not just your blog address.
3. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword LCOM92. LCOM products are NOT required to participate, and you can enter as many times as you want. If you don't have a particular shape indicated in the sketch, feel free to substitute.
4. There is no time limit - you can always play any week at any time, but the linking form will close on the last day of the month at 11:55pm (Atlantic Standard Time) to allow us to find a prize winner.


supplies
washi: Glitz Design
cork: Studio Calico
paint: Time Holtz Distress Paint (wild honey)
ink: Hero Arts Shadow ink Mid-Tone (just rust)
stamps: Technique Tuesday (Memories of Home)

0 comments: