Monday, January 5, 2015

my favorite || PWP link up party.

I'm sharing a card today for the Paper Wings Productions link up party. This month the theme was anything goes and I've been wanting to work on some ink blending so I thought the mermaid would be a great opportunity to use some distress inks. I paper pieced the mermaid, working on her tail and her hair separately. Both are done using distress ink blending. 

I stamped the mermaid onto some white paper and starting blending her hair. I used walnut stain + gathered twigs and I fussy cut her hair. Then I stamped the mermaid again, this time to work on her fin. I used peeled paint, faded jeans, broken china, evergreen bough, and scattered straw. Then I fussy cut the fin. I stamped the mermaid a third time and this was my base image. I lightly added skin tone using gathered twig ink and then I attached her fin and her hair. All that was left to do was color her eyes and her cheeks with Copic markers and add drops off glitter glue for her top.

I also used inks to make the 'ocean.' For that I blended evergreen bough and broken china.
Isn't it pretty?! I am falling in love with distress ink blending.
Thanks for visiting me today! This was definitely something new and different for me and it was a lot of fun. I'll be posting this at The Aviary link up party. Have a great week!

supplies
stamp: Paper Wings Productions (Mermaid)
inks: Tim Holtz distress inks (evergreen bough; peeled paint; faded jeans, broken china, scattered straw, walnut stain, gathered twigs)
glitter glue: American Crafts Zazz! (pool; marine)
markers: Copic RV21 (cheeks); Copic B23 (eyes);
glitter tape: American Crafts

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, this is sooo CUTE!

Amanda Baldwin said...

So very cute! :)

Leslie Germain said...

adorable card! Love that mermaid! Happy New Year, Ashley! Looking forward to getting to know you more in 2015!!

carrie said...

Love your mermaid Ashley!