Friday, February 20, 2015

insta love|ScrapMuch?!

This was a fun page to make about something that happened to me last summer! The sketch this week was sort of not my typical style,but sometimes it's good to be forced outside of your comfort zone. Here's the sketch for this week's Sketchy Friday at ScrapMuch?!
I ended up following this sketch pretty closely. I wasn't sure how to start this page - I was thinking about twine or washi for the diagonal on the page. Then I realized I have a Paper Trey Ink stamp that matches the sketch exactly! For the patterned upper half of the page, I used a pale pink ink and a stamp from PWP to create the subtle patterned background.
I actually love how this page turned out. Creating my own "patterned paper" on half of the page was really fun and something I should do more often!


If you want to play along with us - and we hope you do! - Just link up your creations HERE to be entered into a random draw for our monthly prize. You have until February 28 at midnight to participate in any of this months sketch challenges, each linkup tool will remain open until that date!


supplies
stamp: Paper Trey Ink (SimpleValentine); Paper Wings Productions (Art Textures);
ink: Studio Calico Color Theory (clean slate); Tim Holtz Distress Ink (spun sugar; evergreen bough);
cork: Elle's Studio (Sycamore Lane); Studio Calico
embossing powder: American Crafts Zing! (aqua)
date stamp: Studio Calico
stickers: Heidi Swapp; Lily Bee; Webster's Pages;

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love the playfulness of your layout!! It turned out great!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is totally awesome! Love it!

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE this page and that stamp is perfect!! Outside your comfort zone is sometimes good!! Such a fun pic too!

Sandy Ross said...

Ashley this is just amazing. I love how you created your own background! Fabulous layering too!

Jayne said...

Love how you put this together Ashley, especially the wooden stars....perfect!

Laureen said...

Awesome layout! Love how you did your stars! Great take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Fabulous page, i really love what you did with the background!