Thursday, February 12, 2015

love you [card]|Stick It Down.

Hi there! Today I'm sharing my card for the February Stick It Down sketch challenge. If you haven't yet seen the sketch on the SID blog, here it is:
I normally make smaller cards, so I had to size this card down to make it work for me. I only used two columns instead of three, but I still used three rows. I went with a love theme, in honor of Valentine's day this month. I heat embossed a hexagon heart stamp in three different colors and fussy cut them out. I choose three coordinating colors of chipboard heart shapes to match my stamped images.

Then I used my Spell Binder's Grand Calibur to die cut a chicken wire die onto a scrap paper. I used the die cut shape as a stencil to make the background on my card. I blending three coordinating ink colors over the chicken wire stencil that I made to get my background. When I was done blending the ink, I removed the chicken wire "stencil" that I used.
blending two colors so far
Lastly I stamped my sentiment, added twine, and adhered my chipboard heart pieces. I like the mix of colors and that this could actually even be a masculine card since my primary colors are blue and green. Here's my card:
Here's how to play along:
1. Please no back linking. Your project may be combined with other challenge blogs, but must be created after our sketch is posted.
2.  Please link back to Stick it Down from your blog post.

3.  You can rotate, flip, or alter the sketch, but we hope to see how the sketch inspired your creation.

4.  Please follow the sketch format, single page layouts for single sketches, etc....traditional only, no digital!


5. Link up your projects HERE. Good luck!


supplies
steel die: My Favorite Things Die-namics (Mini Chicken Wire)
stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop (Simple Sentiments; Pattern Craze)
embossing powder: American Crafts ZING! (grapefruit opaque; leaf opaque; blue metallic)
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (spun sugar; peeled paint; faded jeans); StazOn (jet black)

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Fabulous card!! Love your background and how you decorated the hexagons!!

Shelly said...

Awesome card! Love all the colors...so fun! And I just looked at that stamp set the other day, thinking I should use those hexagons with hearts! ;)