Tuesday, December 15, 2015

classiest person.

I'm playing along with CASology's challenge this week: toy. I wasn't sure what to use for my inspiration until I started looking through some die cut pieces and found the bicycle. I decided to take some of the colors from the flowers to watercolor my cardbase with distress inks.

My craft table is covered with contact paper, so I just rubbed my ink pad directly onto the table, sprayed some water, mixed it around, and painted stripes. I use Strathmore watercolor postcards and they are 140 lbs. Because I'm impatient, I use my heat tool to speed the drying process. Then I stamped my sentiment and added my bicycle.

What do you think?

supplies
stamp set: Concord & 9th (Being Classy)
ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry; Spiced Marmalade)
die cut: Simple Stories

3 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Sweet card!! LOVE the bike!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Ashley: Love your colorful card, as a biker myself, the beautiful flower wheels just caught my eye, I would love some of this wheels on my bike for sure.
Thank you for sharing your fun, beautiful card on the CASology gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful colours and techniques - love the flowery 'wheels'! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!