Thursday, October 20, 2016

engaged!

When I saw this patterned paper in a Studio Calico kit I received, I hated it. For some reason I hung onto it and while I was going through my stash today to scrap these photos, I pulled it out and thought it was perfect. I trimmed it down to 8.5x11 size and used this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy as inspiration.

Almost everything is from the October kit from Elle's Studio + some bits from September and August kits + some pieces from the Little Moments collection. I cannot get enough of their little die cuts and labels and now that they have subscriptions to their monthly kits, I am in Heaven!

We had our engagement photos taken a few weeks ago and got them back last week. They were expensive ($400...) and we got 25 images but then you have to purchase each image that you want.... It's a lot of money but I justify it because they turned out SO good and how often do you have professional photos taken?! Rarely.

Anyway, here's my page. What inspired me most from the sketch were the layers and the photo placement.

Thanks for listening to my rambling! :)

supplies
flag: Bella Blvd (Engagement)
cardstock sticker: Doodlebug (mini doodle-pops)
patterned paper: Studio Calico (High Rise) from this kit
decorate tape: Glitz Design

3 comments:

Marci said...

Well congratulations!!! Isnt funny how things work when we revisit something we didn't formerly like? Well, this turned out beautifully! Thanks for joining in at LGS! Going to follow!

Marci said...

Oh I see I already did before! LOL!!!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in this month at Let's Get Sketchy.