Sunday, April 9, 2017

Notes.

I got my new Live Laugh Love collection from Elle's Studio this week and I've been dying to play with it. Last August we took a trip to Green Bay and this fun collection has some greens and yellows that match the Packers' colors.


I used the Elle's Studio recipe challenge + sketch 272 from Sketches in Thyme. The recipe calls for a vertical photo, patterned paper background, wood veneer, stamping on a tag, and journaling on a tag.

Everything is from the Live Laugh Love collection except the puffy stickers and the stamps. I layered to 6x6 papers from the collection side by side on the bottom half of the page... I wanted to try to cover up the colors that weren't green and yellow. I think your eyes focus on the photos and are drawn up to the green and yellow stripes.

Thanks for looking!

 supplies
stamps: Kelly Purkey (Go See Do 2017); Elle's Studio (Love You; Travelogue; Right Now); Studio Calico;

dies: Die-namics (File Folder Edges)
ink: Versafine (onyx black)
wood veneer: Studio Calico


7 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

What a great take on the sketch. Love the background paper you chose. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

Jill said...

I'm loving the Live Laugh Love collection, too! :) Great take on the "recipe"!

Carolyn Johnson said...

I like how your background gives the sketch a different look. Thanks for playing at SIT.

Khristina Sorge said...

I love how you used the sketch this week! I just got this collection from Elle's Studio and can't wait to start playing with it.

Chris C said...

Fantastic take on the sketch - love the sprinkling of hearts. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

Eli said...

It's lovely; perfect colors for these photos. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Angela said...

Lovely, great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Sketches in Thyme