Tuesday, June 13, 2017

happy birthday (card).

My grandma's birthday is this weekend and I wanted to make a card to send her. This card is approximately 5 x 7 size.


I started by watercoloring the background with Tim Holtz distress inks. My idea for the stamp didn't work out because the sentiment on stamp with the birdcages just didn't stamp very well. I tried various times with different inks and fine detail embossing powders and you couldn't read it. So I just used the top portion of the stamp - the bird cages - by masking off the sentiment part of the stamp.


I added some gold heat embossed stars from another stamp set and then mounted the watercolor paper onto some gold polka dot vellum. I attached this to my card base.


On the inside of my card, I used fine detail gold embossing powder and a really old Heidi Swapp sentiment stamp.

Thanks for looking!

supplies
stamps: Unity Stamp Co (SMAK kit Dec 2014; May 2009 kit of the month)
embossing powder: Simon Says Stamp! (ultra fine gold detail; white fine detail); Sparkle N Sprinkle (EP434 Cappuccino Star)

0 comments: