Friday, June 16, 2017

This Week's Smiles

I'm sharing my yard this week. Many of my flowers are blooming and I just love it all!



This year I have lilies everywhere. The red ones are new this year. My aunt dug them up to get rid of - she doesn't like lilies. They immediately started blooming when I transplanted them into my yard. They're gorgeous! I didn't have red ones. My poor pink and white ones got trampled by the dogs and they do nearly every year. They're in a bad spot. They're done blooming now so last night I dug them up and transplanted them so next year they hopefully have a better chance.













Most everything is done blooming in this bed. The iris, the columbine. I have some annuals in this bed to give it some color throughout the summer and the salvia is still blooming. I just love how full this bed is though.

My clematis is gorgeous this year. I actually thought the first two years that it was never going to make it, but finally it has done what its supposed to do. The flowers are huge and it's quite lovely!
My aunt also dug up her spiderwort to get rid of. It's gorgeous! I don't have anything purple and this plant is so unique. The flowers close up in the day when the sun is shining. It's so pretty though!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ashley. It's so lovely to see you joining in the fun and sharing your gorgeous flowers. I can't have lilies in the house because they trigger off my asthma so it's lovely to be able to share yours from here......such gorgeous colours. Your clematis looks very much like one I bought for my sister, Jo, for her birthday last year....it's called 'Josephine' 😀😀😀😀
Thanks for linking up....come back soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm all smile when I look at your garden. It looks a picture! I love lilies, and I'm sure the red Lily felt that you love it and has started flowering immediately.
Oh that clematis is gorgeous! A beauty!
Thanks for taking me around your garden,
Have a good week with lots of smiles,
Lisca

Neet said...

What beautiful flowers you have growing in your garden. Thank you for sharing. I must remember that spiderwort as it is lovely and would look well in our front garden.
I also like the handsome chap who seems to be enjoying reclining whilst you take photos,
Hugs, Neet xx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely garden. Your aunt's loss is your gain. I love all the lilies and the spiderwort (as a child we called this 'Moses in the bullrushes').
Your lovely dog looks much too innocent to trample plants down!! Kate xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hi Ashley. It's nice to meet you. This is my first time visiting, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your fabulous flower beds. You have some beautiful ones, and I like your color combinations, too.

Lilies are about the only thing blooming in my garden this year, so I was delighted to see lilies other than my orange ones.

Your dog is adorable, but I fear he would scare my two "housemates." Thanks for visiting me while I was out today. Have a happy weekend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving all your gorgeous flowers but I have to say Bentley is very distracting Lol! what a lovely boy he is. Have a great week, Angela xXx