Tuesday, August 22, 2017

book review: Convicted.

Thank you, Blogging for Books for allowing me to read this amazing story.


I believe there are more stories like this across the country, but what you hear most often are the racially charged stories that end badly. Especially at this tough time our nation faces, this is a must read for everyone. It's a quick read, told from the perspectives of both people involved.

The story draws you in. It reads like a typical movie we've all watched about crooked cops except that this is a true story. It is truly shocking what Andrew admits to doing over the course of his career. It really opened my eyes to the racial divide that I have no personal experience with.

I am a Christian, and a religious person, but I don't appreciate religious views from others being shoved down my throat. There is none of that in this story. It definitely touches on their journeys of finding Christ and on forgiveness but is not overwhelming or uncomfortable if you're not religious.

0 comments: