Thursday, February 15, 2018

joy together.

This photo is from last Thanksgiving with my twin cousins were both home for Thanksgiving break. The picture is kind of dark so I wanted to use some of the Welcome Home collection from Carta Bella, because it has a dark, comforting, homey feel. Yet I also wanted to incorporate some of the bright, fun items from Bella Blvd's Illustrated Faith line, Gratitude Documented.

I die cut some leaf shapes with my Cricut and backed them with patterned papers from the Gratitude Documented paper pad.

I chose THIS sketch challenge from Scrap Our Stash. From the sketch on the right side, I chose to leave a huge block of white space and have my patterned paper and photo on the left side of my page.  From the sketch on the left, I followed the horizontal embellishment layering.

Here's my page:
 Thanks for looking!

supplies
patterned papers: Carta Bella (Welcome Home); Illustrated Faith (Gratitude Documented)
die cuts: Gratitude Documented
stickers: Welcome Home
washi: Freckled Fawn/Smarty Pants Paper Co.
enamel dots: Prima Sugardot stickers (Anna Marie)

5 comments:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Fantastic layout. Love the details and stash use. Great take. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash Blog. Happy Scrapping!

Michelle Henderson said...

Awesome take on the blend a sketch :) Love the acorns - fits the photo so well :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Lovely! Great take on the challenge, beautiful stash! Thanks for playingbalong with us at Scrap Our Stash!

Michelle Mattie said...

Great take on blending the sketches. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Angela said...

Very nice. Great layering. Thanks for playing along with us at SOS!