Hi Unity friends! Welcome to my blog! I'm so excited to be sharing this week with you guys!
Today I'm sharing a pretty watercolor butterfly card. I say watercolor because I'm using watercolor paper... but I don't have watercolor paints. I use Tim Holtz distress inks.
First I used a fine white detail embossing powder to stamp my butterflies and my sentiment. The stamps I used are from the November 2010 Unity kit of the month called Picture Perfect. I love these butterflies!
This is also called the "packaging technique" by many. How do I do it? I have the mini ink pads so I just smudge some ink onto some plastic packaging. I spritz water on top. When I'm using this technique on watercolor paper, I sometimes spritz the watercolor paper with water too. It just helps the colors blend a little better. Then I just turn the packaging over and smoosh it where I want it on my watercolor paper.
For this card, I used four different colors. Sometimes I dab up some of the ink before it has dried to lighten the colors. To help build layers of colors, I will use my heat gun to speed up the drying process. Then when the card is dry, I start all over again with the packaging technique. Here's one more look at my card:
Have you ever tried the packaging technique? Do you use watercolors?
You have a chance to win a prize from Unity Stamp Company this week! Just leave a comment on each one of my Growing in Unity posts. At the end of the week, I'll choose two winners who get 25 random stamps from Unity! I'll post the winners next week.
supplies
stamp set: Unity Stamp Co (kit of the month Nov 2010: Picture Perfect)
ink: Tim Holtz distress inks (Mustard Seed; Spiced Marmalade; Spun Sugar; Picked Raspberry)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







24 comments:
Love the background, great first card for the week.
Hi! I adore your creative technique! Your card is beautiful; and the kind I enjoy making...
Many thanks for sharing,
Cindi
Pretty color combination!
Lije your technique using packaging and distress inks. Gorgeous card.
Pretty background. Love the colors
So pretty! I love the color combo. I have tried watercolor techniques but they usually turn out to be epic fails. I found some watercolor pencils. My first flower was not terrible so I guess I will keep trying. Love your first project!
--Phaline Mays
Very pretty love the summer colors.
Love this technique-your color combo is so pretty!
So pretty! I have tried this technique on acrylic blocks, but not on packaging. I'll have to give that a try. Your background and colors are amazing. Just lovely.
Very pretty card. I have done the smooshing before, but always the cardstock onto the mat. I like the idea of using packaging and smooshing that on top of the paper. That way you can see what is going on. Thanks for the tip.
Pretty background and sentiment to go along with the butterflies!
Lovely card with beautiful colors. Thanks for explaining your technique.
I love this card. It is so pretty. The background, stamp and sentiment all go together perfectly. I am excited to see more cards - thank you!
This is beautiful, love the colors and the technique!! Great start of your week!!
Thanks for sharing your technique, it is such a pretty card
Love the card but then I love butterflies. Colors are great I like bright and bold colors
I like that the butterflies are coming out of a "messy" situation into the pink. Nice...
Great card. Love the background it is very creative.
Love all the bright colors! Have a great week! Can’t wait to see the rest of your projects!
Love this technique! So pretty!
Lovely card! I love this smooshing technique. :) it's so much fun.
I also use distress inks when I watercolor. But I have yet to try this fun technique of smooshing. Your card turned out so pretty!
I like the colorful background and the embossed butterflies.
Wow !!! That’s an impressive background !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]
Post a Comment