Friday, May 4, 2018

have a margarita {Growing in Unity week}.

Hi Unity friends!

Today is my last project to share with you guys. This week flew by! Who's ready for a margarita?

For this card, I used the A Round of Cocktails stamp set. These are some super cute stamps!

I used a fine detail black embossing powder for my sentiment. Then I grabbed Shabby Shutters distress ink because it reminded me of a frozen lime margarita!


I spritzed the watercolor paper with water first, just to help with blending. Then I used the packaging technique to apply the ink to my background.

The ribbon has small pink polka dots so I mounted my background on a pink patterned paper before backing it to my card.

Thanks so much for hanging out with me this week!

Today is your last day to comment for a chance to win one of two prizes Unity is providing.  I will announce the winners here on the blog next week and you two will receive 25 random Unity Stamp to play with! Good luck!

supplies
stamp: Unity Stamp Co (A Round of Cocktails)
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters)
ribbon: May Arts

8 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! Love the sentiment!

Sue D said...

Fun sentiment and I like the ribbon.

Sandra said...

Love this one!!! Great idea to spray your paper first, have to try that, blending is not my thing yet :D
Thanks for your inspriation this week!!

Rachel Duong said...

The sentiment is so great and embossing it gives it the extra touch! Definitely going to try spraying the paper to help the ink blend. This idea is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the great week of inspirations!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a pretty cool card ! Thanks for this interesting week with your creations. Love from France, Marjorie
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Glennis F said...

What a fun sentiment! Thanks for your inspirational week, it has been great

Becca Yahrling said...

Cute card, fun sentiment! Thanks for an inspirational
and fun week.

foleysfriend said...

Great card ideas for a "sentiment" card. Thanks for the ideas.