Sunday, September 23, 2018

this is the good life.

I'm always up for scrapbooking another vacation page so I found this geometric palm tree cut file at Paper Issues and cut it out with teal cardstock.


The background pattered paper is from Pink Paislee's Pick Me Up, but I mixed some white and black gesso to spread over it. The pattern was a little wild and I didn't love it. Then I used Evergreen Bough distress ink with the packaging technique to add some teal behind the palm leaves of my cut file.

I converted my photo to black and white because there was a lot going on in the background of it. It was taken on the docks of the little resort where we stayed in Key Largo in May.


For my finishing touches, I added some embellishments from Elle's Studio. Thanks for looking!

supplies
patterned papaer: Pink Paislee (Pick Me Up No 13)
stickers, die cuts: Elle's Studio
cut file: Paper Issues (Geo Tropical Palm)
ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Tim Holtz distress ink (Evergreen Bough)
stamps: Studio Calico (Fun in the Sun); Kelly Purkey (Cruise with Me)
sequins: Spiegelmom Scraps (All American)
gesso: Prima Art Basics

0 comments: