Today I'm sharing a 12x12 layout featuring my husband's grandfather on his 85th birthday! I pulled lots of blues from the More than Words collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and knew I wanted to make a shaker with a balloon cut file I found at Paper Issues.
To sort of 'ground' my page I used this awesome distressed star background stamp that can be found in the December 2014 SMAK kit. This is one of my favorite kits EVER and I love these distressed stars. I think they stamped beautifully with the distress oxide ink.
My sentiment/journaling came from the Love in Return kit. I stamped this right onto a patterned paper layer that I added onto the page. I stamped it crooked so I just angled all my layering pages and you can't even tell! I love that this is an older stamp set, but it's so relatable and easily used.
Thanks for looking!
supplies
sequins: Spiegelmom Scraps (Tweaky Teal; Blue Bonkers)
stamps: Unity Stamp Co (Dec 2014 SMAK Kit Moments like These) and Love in Return
patterned paper, stickers: Cocoa Vanilla Studio (More than Words)
cut file: Paper Issues
ink: Tim Holtz distress oxide (Broken China); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
chipboard stickers: Maggie Holmes (Shine)






13 comments:
I love everything about this special layout! Love the colors, the shaker element (my favorite!!) and the fun stamps used.
I love to see stamps on layouts. Great page. Love the stars, the shaker balloons, colors, and design. Just a wonderful layout!
Wow! What a great layout!
Love the shaker balloons! Fun idea! Nice page for a special memory!
Love your layering!
Wow...gorgeous layout, it's lovely and very special. Love the shaker balloon, it's so fabulous.
What a great layout. Loving that shaker!
Lovely layout! So great to see how you use Unity stamps in scrapbooking!
Fabulous masculine layout with the shaker balloons.
This looks like a very special page! I love the combination of different elements. Love the color scheme too.
I love the shaker balloons - still haven't tried making a shaker element! I like how you stamp on patterned paper too - another idea to try!
Cute and I love the shaker element on a scrapbook page.
It has been so long since I made scrapbook pages. This one is so fun! I love it!
--Phaline Mays
Post a Comment