Friday, May 1, 2020

May guest designer at Counterfeit Kit!

So excited to put my kit together this month for Counterfeit Kit! HERE was our inspiration kit. What stood out to me the most was all of the florals. If you know me at all, you know I am not a floral scrapbooker. So while I did want to incorporate some of the florals, I knew that was not going to be my focus.

When you're creating your own kits, do not think you have to copy everything exactly. This is an inspiration kit. Maybe you're inspired by a pattern, or an embellishment, or the stamp set, or the washi tape. Whatever you see that sparks your inspiration, go with it! HERE is a video of how I selected my May kit.

The first thing I saw that inspired my whole entire kit was this paper:
This floral frame reminded me of a patterned paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. So I pulled it out of my stash as my starting point. Then I looked at the rest of the patterned papers. I see pinks and turquoise and florals ...and a bold black print. Next I go through my stash of patterned papers and pull out anything that fits that description.
Then I noticed there were tons of little die cut embellishment pieces and a stamp set with a pretty scripty font.
I pulled out a few stamp sets and tons of embellishment packs from my stash. Once I had everything gathered, I started narrowing down the color scheme and fine tuning what matched and coordinated.

Here is my final kit:
 Come back tomorrow to see the first layout I created with my kit!

9 comments:

cinmfoster said...

beautiful kit, have fun scrapping.
Cindy F

Susanne said...

Your kit is every bit as lovely and fresh as the inspiration kit.

Tara O said...

This looks great! I love all the pretty embellishments that I see. Your Cocoa Vanilla paper is much prettier than the original in my opinion! Great kit! I can' wait to see what you create!

Sassy Breese said...

Congratulations on being designer of the month.

kate blue said...

fantastic kit! Love that we pulled in fruity elements and I see some things in your kit that I wish I had put in mine!

Julene Matthews said...

Welcome to our group and hope you enjoy your kit this month. I see lots of beautiful things there.

Clair said...

Oh wow. What a fantastic kit. Really excited to see that you included some dies too!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow such a lovely kit and I was inspired to use the same Cocoa Vanilla prints too that you had in your kit :) Lots of fun things to create with and I agree about what you said in your video about the photos. Thank you For joining us this month as our Guest Designer

Lisa said...

Hey there! This is such a lovely kit and we are so delighted to have you as GD this month. I really love that paper that you used as a starting point - from Cocoa Vanilla! Really pretty - I wonder if I can get hold of CV over here? The colour scheme your kit has taken is a little softer than the original but oh so pretty! Have
fun this month and we can'T wait to see your creations!