My cause is obviously Love of Labs.
I found them when we decided to become a foster home & then ended up adopting our first foster, Bentley. I do home visits for potential adopters, we still foster, & we help with fundraising.
![]() |
| April 2012 |
Love of Lab's (LOLIN, INC) mission is to reduce the euthanasia rate of Labrador Retrievers and Labrador mixes throughout animal shelters/animal controls in the Midwest (ESPECIALLY INDIANA). LOLIN will accomplish this goal by spaying and neutering dogs we rescue from shelters and educating the public regarding adoption, heartworm prevention, sterilization for all pets, and responsible ownership. LOLIN, INC. is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3, IRS deemed Public Charity, and your donations are tax deductible to the full extent provided by the IRS. Love of Lab's obtains our operational funds through adoption fees, donations, and various fundraisers ONLY.
I know there are precious animals in shelters all over. Labs are special to me. I grew up with a Lab, Austin, & after we had to be put to sleep, we got Hunter. A few months later we found Ally at a shelter. Hunter & Ally live with my mom. I am obviously biased but I think Labs are the best dogs. The first few years are rough because they have so much puppy energy in them & they love to chew, but they are sweet & smart & they're so darn cute!
Love of Labs was started in 2005 & is mostly volunteers. Volunteers drive to shelters & pick up animals. Transport the animals to foster homes or to be boarded until a foster home is available. Volunteers do the home visits & work with the applicant's to find a good match. Volunteers foster the dogs. Sometimes the dogs are transported from other states; Bentley came from Alabama! Before this, we had no idea that teams of people who didn't know each other & had never met, would get together to plan a transport to save dogs. It's amazing to think about.
![]() |
| Some of the available Labs right now. |





2 comments:
Ashley, this is so amazing! My husband and I love animals and hurt every time we see a neglected, abused, or injured animal. You are very special for volunteering with them and fostering Labs!
Thank you so much for joining Em and I for the link-up today! I love your cause, and even more, I love that you participate in an on-going manner!
Happy Friday eve, Ashley!
Hi Ashley,
First of all, I love the name of your blog :)
Secondly, THANK YOU for linking up with us. What a great cause! We adopted our first dog from a shelter...and I'm a sucker for any charities that relate to animals. Dog fostering and placement work is incredible.
I can imagine it would be hard not to get too attached though.
Post a Comment