Thursday, February 7, 2013

love you. love you. love you. [a card]

I wanted to try some embossing this week. I have the Heat It craft tool that you can find in the YMH store for $24.99. I really like this heat gun & it's not very loud so that's good too.

I used Technique Tuesday love always wins stamps set & the Tim Holtz distress embossing ink pad. I wanted the hearts to kind of blend in with the cardstock, which is Tim Holtz kraft core) so I used green embossing powder. It was Tim's distress embossing powder in peeled paint. I used the same embossing powder with the sentiment stamp but with kraft cardstock so that it stands out.

close up of the embossed heart
I added splatters of olive vine Glimmer Mist which is green & gold. The patterned paper is by Prima & it's from the Melody collection. I finished with some pretty pink Prima flowers that came in my Prima grab bag. These are some similar ones that are available in the store.