Tuesday, January 7, 2014

saved|Whimsical Twist.

This is a story about a time I saw two 8 year old Lab brothers at a shelter while browsing online at petfinder.com and two days later adopted them. Meet Chocolate and Vanilla. 
We celebrated Thanksgiving with mom on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That night,she and I were browsing online actually looking for a dog for my brother. Up popped a photo of these two and it was over. I didn't know how I was going to do it with three dogs. I didn't know if my brother would want them or one or if my mom could take one. I just knew they were eight years old and suddenly found themselves in a cold, noisy shelter and it hurt my heart. The following day was Thanksgiving and I worked but when I got off at 7a.m. on Friday, my boyfriend and I drove to Ft Wayne. We got there a little early; they didn't open until 11a.m. We got to meet them and they were the sweetest boys. Only about 60 lbs which was quite a change for us - Bentley is 80lbs! Around 2pm the adoption was finalized and $50, they were mine!

The chevron background patterned paper is Studio Calico (Print Shop) and the woodgrain is Glitz Design (Hello December). I added tags, labels, and other embellishments from Glitz Design, Elle's Studio, and Heidi Swapp (gold rub ons and "happy.) The paw print is from the Etsy shop A Flair for Buttons.

Check out projects from the other DT girls and how they  mixed manufacturers on the WT blog HERE.

1 comments:

Kristie W. said...

I found your blog through Sketch N Scrap. I love your style and this page just warmed my heart. We adopted a rescue as well. It's so rewarding to give dogs a happy & safe new home.