Monday, January 12, 2015

thank you for your kindness|Stick It Down.

Hello and welcome to our first card sketch of 2015 at Stick It Down! What I love so much about using sketches is they are just a creative starting point. You can interpret the sketch however you want! Here's our January card sketch:
January Stick It Down card sketch
On the sketch, you see all these layers behind your sentiment. I chose to use ink blending for my background of the card to re-create that layered look.
I heat embossed my title using Ranger's Super Fine Detail powder in silver. This was a true test to see if it really was "super fine detail" because this stamp set is a really thin handwriting font. Look how beautiful it turned out! I'm a fan for life.
 

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to visit the Stick It Down blog to see the reveals of the cards from the other design team members and to link up your own card for our sketch!

supplies
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (peeled paint; broken china; evergreen bough; shaded lilac)
embossing powder: Ranger Super Fine Detail embossing powder (silver); My Stamp Box (white)
stamp set: Simon Says Stamp (Handwritten Greetings); Hero Arts (Cling Dots)
twine: October Afternoon
chipboard heart: Studio Calico 

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Pretty card! lOVE the colors and how you embossed the sentiment!!!

Vally'sWorld said...

I love it!!