Saturday, February 14, 2015

loving you is so easy [card].

This morning before work, I decided to work on a card that could be used for Valentine's day. I used the challenge prompt at City Crafter this week - You Matter.
For this card, I started by feeling inspired by one of the Unity Stamp Co kits I got on sale last week. I heat embossed with some silver sparkle embossing powder from Stampin' UP!


Then I decided I had a really great embossing folder that would be great on this card. So I used my Spellbinder's Grand Calibur to emboss the base of my card. I roughed up the top layer of cardstock with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.
Next I added the sparkling heat embossed hearts onto the distressed heart base and tied on some pink May Arts ribbon. Then I remembered I had a cute Paper Smooches heart die cut so I used some distress inks to color some white cardstock and then die cut the hearts and stuck them on the front.

On the inside of my card I used the two same distress ink colors to color the background and then I used a sentiment stamp on the inside. Stamping on the inside of my cards is something new for me.
Happy Valentine's day!


supplies
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade; Pickled Raspberry)
embossing folder: Darice (Layered Hearts Background)
die cut machine: Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine
dies: Paper Smooches (Hearts)
embossing powder: American Crafts WOW! Neon Glitter (Carrot); Stampin' UP! Emboss Powder (Shimmering Silver)
stamp: Unity Stamp Co (Love Is)
ribbon: May Arts

3 comments:

Samra said...

What a pretty card!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Stella said...

The prettiest in pink and a gorgeous design. I love the embossed backgrund and the glittered -heat embossed- hearts are almost popping off the card. A lovely focal point. And the inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!